Between wrapping up school projects and holiday gifts, year-end activities, and addressing those last-minute holiday cards, I am tied to my to-do list.
In that spirit, here is a to-do list for all of us to tackle when we return rested and ready from the winter break…
- Attend ‘Dollars and Sense of School Funding’ presentation on January 31
- Donate to Annual Giving Campaign in February
- Attend Art Auction & Music Exhibition on March 24
- Donate to your favorite nonprofits on May 4, Big Day of Giving
- Volunteer for Golf Tournament on May 10
We continue to work with district administration and know that your contributions through ESF are more crucial than ever. Why? Because our district currently finds itself in the middle of a ‘perfect storm’:
- declining enrollment > fewer daily dollars for the district
- state-mandated decrease in funding based on our demographics > cutbacks as soon as August
- and an unfortunate trend of declining parent participation > down from 42% in 2009 to 14% in 2016
In order to preserve our current roster of programs, your support of ESF is imperative. As opportunities arise, we will continue to ask that you donate, volunteer and advocate as your situation allows.
As always, please contact me if you have suggestions, questions or time to contribute. We love hearing from our district parents!
Steve Schorer, ESF President